2013 Presidential Inauguration:
Bring the Peace Platform
CODEPINK Action Highlights:
Inaugural Rising & Dance Against Violence
Sunday, January 20th, 12:00pm-1:00pm at Union Station
This is an opportunity to bring the
message of One Billion Rising to Washington DC for the inaugural.
Sunday, January 20th, many people will arrive at the train station for
the balls that begin that night. Between noon and 1 we will rise and
dance through the train station because "Yes we CAN-CAN" end war and violence against women! After the dances we will freeze for a few minutes and
then do a hug-in, because Arms are for Hugging. Join us to rock the
inauguration for women and One Billion Rising!
No drones at the Commander-in-Chief Ball!
Monday, January 21st, 8:30 pm- 9:30 pm, Washington Convention Center.
Join us to call for an end to violence, especially drone strikes!!
Saturday, January 19th:
- 8:30 am - 3:30 pm: Progressive Democrats of America Conference: Progressive Central with John Nichols and many congressional Representatives; UDC David A. Clarke School of Law, 4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW. CODEPINK crew meet-up at 12:30pm at the CP table!
- 9:30 am: Join the CODEPINK contingent on the National Mall to welcome out-of-towners to the National Day of Service event! We'll be meeting at the entrance of the giant National Service tent on the mall and greeting people with our Can-can dance and Arms Are For Hugging message! Free hugs!
- 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Join CODEPINK and Jewish Voice for Peace for the "No Blank Check for Israel" rally and candlelight procession to the White House. Rally at Farragut Square (Connecticut Ave., 17th and K Streets, NW) followed by candlelight procession to 17th and Pennsylvania Avenue, one block from the White House. RSVP here!
Sunday, January 20th:
- 12:00 noon: a dance/rise up action to speak out against violence
in conjunction with the One
Billion Rising campaign, Union Station (in Washington DC).
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Council for a Liveable World Ball and the Center for Nuclear Arms Control Inaugural Celebration: Phoenix Park Hotel, 520 North Capitol Street, NW. We'll be outside with our message that it's time to end drone warfare!
- 7:30 pm - 1:00 am: Peace Ball (if you don't have tickets already, it's sold out- sorry!), Arena Stage at the Mead Center, 1101 6th Street, SW DC.
Monday, January 21st:
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am: Arc of Justice Coalition rally at Meridian Hill Park (Malcolm X Park), then march begins at 10:00 and proceeds down 16th Street NW to K Street NW. Join the CODEPINK contingent to oppose President Obama's drone warfare!
- 11:45 am: Rendezvous after Arc of Justice March at Union Station in the food court near King BBQ to plan drone action- depart Union Station at 12:15pm to head towards the Capitol.
- 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm: Commander-in-Chief Ball, Washington Convention Center. Join us to call for an end to violence, especially drone strikes!!
us if you have an idea for an action you'd
like to help organize or get involved in. We hope you will join us!
LAUNCH OF OUR NEW SCHOOLS NOT
More coming soon!